Fellowships/ Job Openings :
- Applications invited for MPhil in Social Sciences 2018-2020.
- Advertisement to fill up backlog vacanies for reserved categories for the posts of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professors
- Applications are invited for Ph.D. Programme 2017 in selected subjects for the academic year 2017
- Concept note for "DISCRIMINATION, CITIZENSHIP AND EQUALITY: INTERROGATIONS AND CONTESTATIONS"
- Schedule for "DISCRIMINATION, CITIZENSHIP AND EQUALITY: INTERROGATIONS AND CONTESTATIONS"
- Orientation Programme for Schedule Tribe and Other Marginalized Groups on 28th and 29th March 2016.
- 19th Annual Cultural Studies Workshop in Calcutta from 12th to 21st March, 2016.
- Sakharam Ganesh Deuskar lectures from 25th to 26th March, 2016.
- International Conference on Public Finance and Public Policy, 4th and 5th Feb 2016.
- RC Dutt Lectures at the CSSSC by Professor Avinash Dixit, December 18 and 21.
- Invitation card for the 1st JBMRC Lecture.
- Kumkum Chatterjee Memorial Workshop.
- Low Mean & High Variance: Quality of Primary Education in Rural West Bengal.
- Academic Calendar 2017-18.
- Academic Calendar 2016-17.
Please Visit this page for future announcements.
- The CSSSC is now a member of the South Asia Materials Project (SAMP) with an aim to join a larger open access initiative. The CSSSC nominated Abhijit Bhattacharya as the institutional representative to SAMP.
- The CSSSC is part of an international consortium that aims at setting up an International Centre for Advanced studies and conduct research on a variety of issues related to Democracy and Development, Labor, History as a political category, Gender related issues among others. For details, follow the link http://micasmp.hypotheses.org/about.
- Year 2016 : The Association for Asian Studies based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, has awarded an Honorable Mention to Prof. Rosinka Chaudhuri in the category of the A.K. Ramanujan Prize for Translation (S. Asia) in the AAS Book Prizes 2016 for her translation Letters from a Young Poet, 1887-1895, (Chinnapatrabali) by Rabindranath Tagore, Penguin Books India (2014).
- Endangered Archives 341 Project of the CSSSC received the prestigious 11th Manthan Award South Asia and Asia Pacific for Digital inclusion for Development for the year 2014. The project awarded for best practices in Information Technology and Access policy and for digitising 3,700 books from libraries in remote areas of West Bengal districts. Abhijit Bhattacharya, Documentation Officer and Project Director of Endangered Archives Projects at the CSSSC received the Award on behalf of the Archive team of the institute in an award ceremony followed by presentation of the project at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. The project awarded in the category of e-Culture, Heritage and Tourism. Jayeeta Majumder, Kamalika Mukherjee and Tapan Paul are members of both Archive and Project team with Abhijit Bhattacharya.
- Institutional Collaboration with CSSSC.
- CSSSC Ranks at the top of all Centres of Excellence in India according to a report prepared for Research Councils, UK “Arts and Humanities Research Mapping, India – An overview of the arts and humanities research landscape in India: Mapping the centres of excellence, potential funders, emerging themes, strengths and weaknesses” by India Foundation For The Arts, Bangalore, June 2010.
- The Centre Ranks 3rd in India for research in economics – published by the REPEC based in University of Connecticut and mirrored all over the world.
- Professor Partha Chatterjee has been awarded Fukouoka Academic Prize 2009.
- Professor Sugata Marjit has been awarded V.K.R.V. Rao Prize in Social Sciences.
- Professor Sugata Marjit has been awarded the Young Scientist Mahalanobis Medal.
- Professor Partha Chatterjee has been awarded “Rabindra Puroskar” for his Book - “The Princely Imposter: The Kumar of Bhawal & the Secret History of Indian Nationalism”.
- Year 2012: Professor Sibaji Bandyopadhyay receives "Vidayasagar Memorial Award" for lifetime achievement in the sphere of Bengali prose.