Centre for Training and Research in Public Finance and Policy
What We Do
- Academic Activities
- Promoting Research and Policy Studies related to Contemporary Fiscal Affairs.
- Continuous evaluation of Revenue Implications, Incidence Impact and Greater Economic and Social Implications of Specific Fiscal Measures/ Policies involving Budgetary Support of Governments
- Investigating implications of fiscal policies for different sectors of the economy
- Comparative analysis of tax systems
- Program Impact Evaluation of government policies
- Cost-benefit analysis of programs
- Training Activities
- Providing theoretical and empirical training to potential researchers in public finance
- Providing a module for taxation studies within the existing Research Methods in Quantitative Economics (RMQE) program
- Seminars and Short-term Workshops
- Organizing regular seminars on public economics and taxation issues involving both academic experts and practitioners
- Hosting short duration workshops related to taxation and public finance issues
- Networking with other institutes, NGOs, corporate, banks, financial institutions etc.
- Academic interaction with universities and research and training institutes, both within the country and outside, for undertaking collaborative research
- Generating in-house academic publications on taxation and public finance issues
- Disseminating information on taxation and public finance issues through occasional newsletters
- Database Management and creation of a knowledge hub in Taxation and Public Finance.
- Holding a repository of database and documents related to taxation and public finance issues.
- Research Mentoring and Policy Advocacy
- Mentoring of young post-doctoral fellows in taxation and public finance through outreach program
- Disbursing small research grants to individual researchers and policymakers to do research in public finance and policy
- Support to Department of Revenue
- Providing technical support in analysis, evaluation, etc. on request to Department of Revenue, GOI, Department of Finance, GOWB and other states.